Tuesday 7 July 2009

Just Write Something!

You know I should be working on a script at the moment but as it’s not a paid gig I’m really unmotivated to do it. It came up when there was another halt to the television series. David – who for some reason believes in me - suggested I write a spec script to show around some other production companies. I told him I didn’t know what to write and he suggested writing up Know It All? from the Go Girl! series. They had already written a script treatment of it and as he pointed out there is dialogue in the book itself. Thus it’s a bit easier than making something up on my own. Still I’m a little freaked out to start.

I’ve written maybe two scripts in my life and neither were in a professional format. (I emailed David about how that was slowing me down and he said don’t worry that’s what secretaries are for. Just write it. He’s right but I’m still a slacker).

I’m too scared of failing to try. God! Realising that doesn’t help. If I do write it and it sucks, what then? If I do write it and it’s good but doesn’t get me any more work then why bother? But Amy if you do write it and it’s good what if it becomes an actual episode of Go Girl!? I hate building up hope. They’ve been dashed and bashed so many times before. I can admit that I’m not the bounce back from rejection type.

Oh for God’s sake just write something! At least then you can say you tried.

1 comment:

GarryN said...

Go ahead, you have nothing to lose and besides that i am sure it will be another brilliant effort. They will understand if it's not a War and Peace still installment but it is Go Girl! after all.