Friday 31 July 2009

Creepy Coincidence

When I walked into work today I was a bit discouraged to find a party going on in the kitchen area. I don’t like change in my routine, not at work anyway, but then I thought great I might get to finish early if it goes on long enough.

When I was getting my stuff ready to start I overheard it was a wake. That made me feel guilty because today I was meant to go my friend’s mother’s funeral. I really wanted to, to show support, but I didn’t make it in the end.

All morning I was working on an application for a really great TV job I came across accidently last Sunday night. Today was the closing date. I’m such a slacker. I could have got it done earlier but I have a tendency to do important things at the last minute. All my uni essays and my thesis in particular come to mind. I think it’s because if I run out of time I either submit it as is or just let it go. Trying to shift the blame I suppose. Anyway, I got it sent off by 1.20pm but I knew I wouldn’t make it in time to the funeral. I felt so awful.

I’m sorry Jodie! My love and condolences to you and your family.


No comments: