Friday 10 July 2009

Coming Clean

A little innuendo does the soul good. Yeah sure it does. It’s just getting harder and harder to come up with “clever” headings.

Woo hoo what a night! I finished work early, you’ve got to love that. I even managed to get the train home. Such a treat!


The best thing though is I found out I’ve been doing more work than I need to. So life could be good very soon. Ash, (poor man), who is taking over while my two other bosses are overseas on holidays, told me I don’t have to empty the individual bins. The people on the floor are supposed to. Now I had read signs about that somewhere but it didn’t seem to happen. Let’s go back to the post PNG example when the bins were close to overflowing.


I think you’re supposed to take that sign with a pinch of salt. Like in the kitchen there’s one about how they’re supposed to keep the area clean for everyone else after you’ve used it. The day I quit this job it’s going to be so hard to resist the urge to write something sarcastic in thick black permanent marker under that sign.


I reckon I’ll still have to empty the bins but perhaps I can save up the excitement a bit, make it a weekly or monthly occasion. Fuck! I’ve spoilt them on that floor, someone will complain. But for the time being it will make the shift end sooner. My God maybe even on time!


I
now have to work Sundays at the city baths as well. I found out that delightful piece of news on Tuesday. Margaret, (The Boss), told me it would be for a month – yes four weeks – but also said I’d need to do it until she comes back from holidays. I knew that was longer than a month and when I double checked I saw it was indeed six weeks. Agh! I had to double check this with her the following day. She wasn’t sure how long I’d have to work weekends but asked/told me to keeping going until I heard otherwise. Great!

Yes the money is good, or rather useful. (Double bubble on Sundays). But really no day off during the week? I’ve been working at the city baths on Saturday mornings for five weeks already. I’m not fond of that location. Never mind the people getting “fit” – yuck! LOL – or the constant steamy tropical temperature inside, or the not so friendly staff, or the fact that as I walk by the pool I’m full to the brim with envy that I don’t get to go swimming. No I just get bored there. I run out of things to do. I especially hate working there during the week on the day shift. I must say the weekend shift is much easier going. Two hours and it’s lunchtime. Hooray! It’s still a drag though.


No comments: