Thursday 12 June 2008

Fine Print

On Saturday I was surprised to see I got an email response to my application for the Extra work. It seems more like an ad to join Australian Talent Management (ATM – where the money is!) than the actual job it was describing on Seek. It says it’s free to join but I’m just not sure. It wasn’t as slapdash as I thought and hoped it would be.

Do I want to join? Is it going to make any difference if I do? I think the potential for embarrassment and/or heartache is huge. For example, do I even want to know my weight and height? Let alone share it with strangers? They also recommend putting up a photo, warning a crappy one will do you no favours. I have one I like but is it good enough? I’m not sure I really want the follow up call if it turns out I have got what it takes to be an Extra. Perhaps boredom and desperation will drive me to it at a later date. Actually it kinda feels like a dead end after working myself into a tizzy over making the phone call in the first place. I hate me.

Anyway! At the moment I actually have some temporary work. More like a favour really. Work through one of my mum’s friends. (Give the kid a break). I’m proofreading a report on Sexually Transmitted Infections in young people. Asking young people how information should be transmitted among their peers. So any potential campaigns can hopefully reach their target audience. Quite an interesting read, although resulting in the less pleasant side effect of reminiscing over one’s sexual misadventures. What a fool.

I don't know. This day could have been better. It started off well. A beautiful day and yet I'm left rather disappointed.


No comments: