Thursday 5 June 2008

Extra Shy

I wish I was more daring. I found an advert late on Monday night to work as an extra but I’m too chicken to call up about it. The money’s good and I fit the criteria. I’m all shapes and sizes and I reckon my nationality is indeterminate. No doubt useful for a city that is pretending to be bigger than Melbourne. I’ve read it’s Boston in fact.

I suppose I’m a bit nervous because I’m no actor. But then as an extra it might just be about filling the scene. I can take up space. Easy.

I really should do it today. Make the call. I’m in quite a good mood for a change. I’ve been doing a lot of tap practice this morning. And I might add doing it quite well for a change. I’ve been taking advantage of having the house to myself. That of course is another good reason to call today. I’m bound to embarrass myself over the phone and would rather no one else was around to hear it. So, after shaking the Magic Eight Ball of Life and waiting for the bubbles to subside I see that “All signs point to yes.” Make that call. If nothing else it might give me something to write about later. Oh that would be nice.


No comments: