Tuesday 17 November 2009

To Do Or Not To Do?

I got an email from a friend today thanking me for a “crazy” present I sent her. In it she made a passing comment about not wasting time with married men. It has been on my mind, that’s for sure! Although I wouldn’t say I’m against it. She wrote, “You can do better than that girlie so believe in it and let it happen!” That intrigues me because lately I’ve been thinking about how much I don’t believe in romance and true love. That is fidelity. Maybe I’m getting it wrong and it isn’t the same thing anyway. I mean there’s Ash and his open relationship. Logically I think it makes the most sense. But at the same time I wonder how logical love is? I mean isn’t that partly what makes it exciting? And I can’t help remembering chatting to Ash one night when his missus had someone over for sex. He was drunk and pissed off. Can you help getting jealous even though you’ve made the decision as a couple to see other people? We’re all so complicated.

My experience in Edinburgh – just a fling, but so many lies! It still upsets me. http://flirtanddirt.blogspot.com/2009/10/liar-liar-im-tempted-to-set-his-pants.html - has ruined the idea of relationships. I mean at the time I couldn’t see how it would work out, long distance and all that, but maybe a little part of me was flattered and wooed. I’m surrounded by people cheating. People I like too. Not sure I should encourage their cheating though. Can you still be friends though? I hope so.

Cheating, or wanting to cheat, seems so natural to me that I can’t help thinking what is the point of being in a relationship? I have formed connections and friendships with some of these men. Being hopeless at sex I have to say I enjoy the friendships a lot more. Being the other woman does put you in an interesting position. Yes, mostly an unfair one. Then get your OWN man Amy! Well yes, but he’ll get bored and possibly cheat too. I might get bored as well. Would I cheat? I would like to think I wouldn’t. You never know until you’re in the situation though, obviously. That’s why an open relationship seems like the best option. I wouldn’t go so far as to say it is perfect. However at the moment it seems the fairest way to go about it.

Now I’m wondering if I was in a relationship would I express my views on having an “open” one. It does tend to lack romance. Maybe passion is more important – variety is the spice of life! Why fight biology, we want to experience more than one person. Well, I’m not really in a position to talk much deeper about any of this. I’m not thrilled with being a bit on the side but lately I think of the men I’m with more as friends. I haven’t sought out a fling in ages - well actually they find me. I just haven't accepted in a while. There's not much point as far as I can see. I’m too shy and lacking in confidence for it to be worth it for either of us. I mean my men get me, more or less. And unless they’re pulling my leg they seem to like me for me and enjoy my company. Aww nice! Smirk. That’ll do.

- The one and only, single me.


4 comments:

GarryN said...

An interesting dilemma you have there. I am unsure on reading it whether you want to be the other woman or are against it.
Good luck on your quest

Square Eyes said...

At the moment I'm thinking I'm best suited as a bit on the side. And I like you and Ash as friends.

I also wonder if I'd ever trust anyone to have a proper relationship anyway. Perhaps seeing them as something doomed from the start. Harsh!

Do I not make myself clear!?!?

Johnny Id said...

Too much stress, too much thinking... life is too short to over-analyze something as basic as sex. You could die tomorrow or in fifty years... keep an eye on the future but live for the day. Carpe Noctum!

Square Eyes said...

Well I have been doing it but I don't enjoy sex. I'm too shy. Fuck! I say this all the time and it's true. Go ask Gaz above.

Anyway never mind sex, I need a new job before I kill myself.

I am happy for people to go out and enjoy themselves. Sex just doesn't work for me. I’m not sure it ever will. Shit, might as well be dead then.