Friday 11 July 2008

Uncomfortably Numb

I was rather pathetic today. I made arrangements to do a photo shoot this morning in, of all places, a Belgrave basement-come-studio. As I’ve stated, or at least implied before, I’m not comfortable being the centre of attention. I thought I could handle it but as soon as I got picked up at the station I changed my mind. I wasted a good ten minutes or more fretting over it. (Time is money love, make a decision. That doesn’t help!) I had to get real: Me doing a photo shoot, I don't think so!

He asked me on the way back to the station if I felt better now I had decided not to go through with it but to be honest I didn’t. I’m angry with myself that I didn’t just do it and get it over with.

I’m too ugly. And even though this is one time when that could actually work in my favour I don’t really want to see myself that way, or think about myself like that.

It seems like more effort than it’s worth. But hey if it got me some work....GRR! I can’t help thinking that having photos in my profile is no guarantee of getting work. It’s fucked up.
I’m fucked up.

It’s not much of an excuse but I really wasn’t prepared for it today. I didn’t really like the clothes I threw together last night and I didn’t have much idea of what types of photos I wanted. If I hadn't been so self-conscious I probably would have laughed. At one level I can't take it seriously. But at the sometime I can't relax enough to enjoy it either. That goes for everything!

This has been a lot more complicated than I was expecting. I mean I’m just walking wallpaper why do I need all these stupid photos of me? It seems so unnecessary. I’m not intending to make a career out of this. It was meant to be a one-off thing. Something to write about in this stupid blog. As well as another chance to taste my dream; then get my hopes worked up and finally have them dashed again by Life or Fate.

What I hate the most is what this says about me. Why can’t I just do it? Why instead does it make me feel ridiculous and embarrassed? How can I get over it?

In the end perhaps this is just a good idea that’s gone bad.

No comments: