Monday 30 March 2009

Star-Crossed

No, no, no! That can’t be right. My star sign said today, and I quote, “There may be a little surprise of a professional nature that could change your plans.” (Plans?) I thought it meant I’d finally get an email saying yes come back to work in the television industry. We love you and missed you terribly. (Nope). Emphasis on “may” I guess. (That’s how they get you!) When I got to work I was surprised to find my security pass wasn’t working. Apparently my temporary time had elapsed. It’s funny, I knew it was a temporary card but I never thought it would expire. Now I’m “Contract” and proper. How depressing! It’s silly but when I was temporary there was some hope, you know? But as my boss pointed out I should never have been temporary in the first place.

Before going to PNG I broke my security pass. (I took that as a good sign). It almost snapped in half when I was changing the bags in one of the rubbish bins. How you may wonder. It was when I dropped one of the plastic bins back into the slot and it landed on the card. That’s one problem with wearing it around my neck. It dangles. Often dips into the toilet bowls. Good-o!

Perhaps I should seek my hope from somewhere else. I just like to read my horoscope from The Age when I’m online and checking other things. They really need a proof reader for them. I could do that. I found out recently my mum sometimes wrote the horoscopes when she worked for Niugini News. She was a proof reader and occasional sub editor. I thought that was cool. Pity she wasn’t able to continue with it.



No comments: