Thursday 5 February 2009

I’d Rather Be Tap Dancing

I would be too if I weren’t working these hours. The classes started up again this week. I’m so disappointed that I have to miss out. I freely admit that I’m not the best in the class but I really enjoyed it. And Lord knows there’s not much in my life that I enjoy at the moment. I think about tap dancing way too much for someone of my experience and skill. And dare I add effort when it comes to practising.

I’ve been so bored this week. (Except for Wednesday when I went out to meet a friend for some wine and a chat in the Botanical Gardens. In fact that was a very good day. Well worth the sunburn on my shoulders). I have nothing to do before work and it’s a long wait for 5 o’clock to roll round. With the warm weather, that only serves to irritate me more, I find I’m ready to fall asleep around the time I have to leave for work. Although I know once I get started I’ll wake up again – was debating whether or not I should use the word “perk” there instead but it’s too happy a word for the way I feel at work.


No comments: